|Title:||Systems Engineer - Integration|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
TITLE: Systems Engineer - Integration
REPORTS TO: Systems Engineer
Division: Braxton Technologies, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Shift & Travel
10% (or less) travel required
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Systems Engineer will directly support the US Space Force’s Space and Missile Center (SMC) Enterprise Ground Service (EGS) SATOPS, Prototyping, and Integration (SPI) program and its goal to deploy a universal command and control architecture aimed at eliminating restrictions by continuously delivering enterprise tactical command and control services and applications that, when integrated with mission partner unique services and applications through the use of system engineering principles, will fully enable today’s modern warfighter.
Responsibilities - Essential Functions
- Follow established and develop new procedures to deploy integrated software systems.
- Ability to take customer requirements and integrate new functionality into new and existing systems.
- Able to troubleshoot and isolate problems with networking equipment.
- Can maintain system CM control.
- Knowledge of IT and software related fields in troubleshooting efforts.
- Analyze, create, or modify scripts for integration and testing.
- Be able to communicate with other team members, as well as upper management effectively and clearly.
- Work in conjunction with deployment and integration team lead to provide support across multiple efforts.
- Can troubleshoot issues within systems and perform fixes as required.
- Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the SPI program.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- DevSecOps oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and help troubleshoot problems.
- Complete all initial and annual training requirements and disclosures as outlined by BSTG.
- Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the department.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Systems/Software, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline required
- 3+ years software and hardware integration
Required Skills/Abilities – Competencies
- Experience and/or certifications in RedHat Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Linux-based text editors and terminals, as well as Windows-based equivalents.
- Knowledge of industry standard software deployment processes.
- Ability to integrate and use COTS software configuration management applications.
- Familiarity with latest deployment and integration tool sets.
- Understanding of system fundamentals regarding computer design, storage, and networking.
- Understanding of automation and virtualization technologies.
- Understanding of Windows Active Directory, Windows Domain architectures, and DNS.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, positively influence team members, establish and maintain excellent customer relationships, and deliver positive results.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Software development skills are a plus
- Experience authoring technical documents
- Windows Domain Configuration
- Familiarity with Ansible, Python, or PowerShell
- Windows Account Management
- Unix/Linux Account Management
- Familiar with source control (GIT)
- Familiar with VMWare, vCenter, or vSphere
- Working knowledge of satellite ground systems and space operations concepts
- Active DoD SCI Clearance is desired
Security Clearance Requirements: Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the buildings.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: