|Title:||Red Hat Linux System Administrator|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a Red Hat Linux System Administrator. The position will be responsible for maintenance of software development environments across multiple sites, synchronization of test, development and operational system environments, and R&D of new products and capabilities.
Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in a SELinux environment.
Active DoD Secret clearance required.
- Proficiency working in a SELinux environment.
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards for Linux system administration and accreditation.
- Experience writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, PERL, Python, etc.).
- Solid understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience administering software configuration management tools (examples: ClearCase, GIT, Mercurial, etc.).
- Experience with VMWare and OpenStack
- Experience with Splunk and Orca
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with ActiveMQ, and IBMWebsphere middleware configuration.
- Experience with Apache, BEA, and IBM Webservers.
- Experience with IDM, NetApp, and Security Onion
- Experience with RHEL Satellite.
- Experience with databases (examples: Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, etc.).
- Preferred experience with Satellite Ground Systems, Ground System Operations, or Satellite Operations
- Perform System Synchronization of the local development VM’s with other S/GSS offices and NRL’s Satellite Operations Center (SOC).
- Assist with the delivery, patching and maintenance of test and operational RHEL systems.
- Learn and implement new tools as they become relevant in the industry.
- Create and execute integration and system tests and document test procedures
- Troubleshoot software system issues
- Work as an effective team member across multiple disciplines (systems, networking, configuration management, & test engineering).
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced, & sometimes pressured environment.
- Initially requires paid travel 2-3 days/week between SGSS’s Alexandria VA office and NRL’s SOC in Welcome MD. Travel will phase out once a full-time SA is hired for NRL’s SOC. Employee is compensated for both travel time and mileage.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or other relevant Engineering field from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen, and possess a current, active DoD Secret clearance.
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: