|Title:||Systems Integration and Test Engineer|
|Division:||BSC - Braxton Services Company|
Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Braxton Services, a Parsons Company, has an opening for an Integration and Test Engineer to join our NASA support team at the Goddard Space Flight Center. We are a leading provider of satellite ground equipment and enterprise engineering services for civil, commercial, defense, and intelligence aerospace programs. Our staff is composed of class-A design engineers, systems engineers, and process-oriented support staff, with strong technical and executive leadership. We support missions operated by a majority of domestic and international space agencies, and our solutions are deployed on every continent, including Antarctica. This position requires a highly motivated individual who will work as part of a larger NASA engineering team to support missions such as the On-orbit Servicing, Assembly, and Manufacturing 1 (OSAM-1) mission.
Job Title: Integration and Test Engineer
Location: Work will be performed onsite at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD. Currently GSFC is operating in a tele-work mode but there may be requirements to go onsite. Once NASA reduces onsite restrictions based on COVID-19 a majority of the work will be performed at GSFC.
Salary: Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience
Shift: M-F, Days
- Work as part of the larger OSAM-1 engineering team to provide integration and test support for the Video Distribution and Storage Unit (VDSU), Power Supply Unit, and Thermal emulators and the user interface components of the OSAM-1 Servicing Payload Interface Simulator (SPEIS) and Servicing Payload Software Simulator (SPSS)
- Design, develop, and test VDSU simulation to meet requirements specified in the SPEIS/SPSS system requirement document
- Perform integration and test of VDSU simulation with SPEIS/SPSS
- Develop test procedures necessary to perform requirement verification for SPEIS
- Support the development and execution of SPEIS acceptance test procedure (requirement verification)
- Participate in technical meetings, reviews, and technical working groups as directed to communicate/coordinate/resolve technical issues with stakeholders
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience writing test documentation
- Able to perform requirements verification
- Previously worked within the NASA systems engineering process
- Experience working in a Linux OS
Education and Training Required
- Four-year college (Bachelor’s Degree); preference for technical degree
Minimum Years of Experience
- not less than five
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Experience with (Red Hat) Linux OS
- Previously worked on satellite ground systems to include telemetry and command processing
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: