|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
TITLE: Technical Writer
DIVISION: SPI/CAS - Engineering
REPORTS TO: Solutions Architect
Division: Braxton Technologies, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO;
Shift & Travel
10% (or less) travel required
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Technical Writer will be supporting the Software Write-Up, Assessment, & Testing (SWAT) Team’s mission to provide support to COTS development teams in the form of engineering documentation, software testing, cybersecurity testing, and marketing/sales strategy. The Technical Writer will provide the outside/non-technical perspective and serve as the final gate keeper for all documentation completed by the team. This individual will provide standard templates, consistent branding, and clean professional graphics for usage in all material generated by the team. The Technical Writer’s primary focus will be to pull together the inputs of other team members to create the required documentation. The Technical Writer will maintain a Braxton repository on SharePoint for all material and provide access to the development teams.
Responsibilities - Essential Functions
- Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, briefs, instruction books, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with procedures, installation, operation, and maintenance of software and supporting equipment.
- Interviews Production and Engineering for drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of COTS software.
- Reviews blueprints, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, and mockups to accurately create technical data that is organized, clear, and concise.
- Complete all initial and annual training requirements and disclosures as outlined by BSTG.
- Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the department.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required Skills/Abilities – Competencies
- Reviewing, editing, and professional technical documentation experience
- Excellent English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Preferred: Professional/Technical Writing, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Technical Communications
- Business Process Development
- Computer Programming
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Security Clearance Requirements: Has the ability to obtain a DoD Secret
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the buildings.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.