|Division:||BSC - Braxton Services Company|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Colorado Springs, CO
The CCS-C Production and Sustainment (CPASC) Program develops and sustains the CCS-C system to provide satellite control capabilities for Air Force Space Command MILSATCOM satellite programs. CCS-C provides integrated MILSATCOM command and control in support of the Defense Satellite Communication System, Milstar, AEHF and WGS satellite families. Capabilities include command and control, mission activity and maneuver planning, telemetry processing, orbit and attitude management, resource management, space vehicle and ground system simulation, security, support planning and execution, training, and testing. Satellite state-of-health operations include launch, early orbit, on-orbit, anomaly resolution, disposal and backup operations.
The CPASC program will support on-orbit operations as well as launch and early orbit operations. Parsons, formerly Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG), has an opening for a staff Systems Engineer to support our growing engineering business to join the Consolidated program in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Candidates should have a knowledge of satellite ground systems, satellite command and control, and satellite operations. He/She should be able to focus on individual tasks or projects with minimal supervision, generating all relevant work products, while providing status and raising concerns to technical leaders. This position requires a motivated individual who seeks to work in a team environment where creative solutions are encouraged and technical challenges are the norm.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient on the CCS-C system
- Knowledge of the CPASC architecture
- Perform issue analysis in support of the CPASC Systems Engineering team to include trade studies and life-cycle cost analysis
- Identify, assess, and develop risk mitigation strategies throughout the system lifecycle
- Provide system troubleshooting at production facilities in Colorado Springs, Peterson AFB, and Schriever AFB.
- Participate and support technical working groups such as the system engineering integrated product team (SE IPT), telemetry and command working group (TCWG), orbit analysis working group (OAWG), simulation and training working group (STWG), mission planning working group (MPWG), scheduling and planning working group (SAPWG), and configuration control board (CCB).
- Develop system documentation required as part of the sustainment process to include artifacts such as systems specifications and interface design descriptions.
Required Minimum Security Clearance
- Active Secret
Required Education and Training Required
- Four year college (Bachelor’s Degree) or applicable experience in lieu of
Minimum Years of Experience
- not less than 4 years
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: