|Title:||Cloud System Administrator|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Cloud System Administrator
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a Cloud System Administrator to support our growing business.
The RDT requires a full time cloud system administrator responsible for maintaining & executing cloud product strategy for core infrastructure services. This person will identify operational requirements and implement/test appropriate solutions. The individual’s tasks will require deep understanding of infrastructure services in the context of a both the commercial cloud environment and its integration within a highly-secure large-scale enterprise network and make recommendations on how new cloud offerings fit in the environment.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Cloud System Administrator
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible up to 25%
- Master application, technology and cloud operations.
- Maintain a cloud and security mindset throughout the life cycle of the solution.
- Research areas of improvements and design/implement enhancements working with the Cloud DevOps and Product Development teams.
- Monitor AWS resource utilization and provide reports and notifications on potential limits.
- Monitor application runtimes and key business processes.
- Maintain configuration management and service delivery and help in capturing time and material data for efficiency analysis.
- Develop and automate Amazon AWS based topologies and processes.
- Create best practices for cloud operations and be consultative to project teams throughout duration of a project.
Minimum Security Clearance
- DOD Secret Security Clearance is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive experience as operator of production environments in large application deployments.
- Experience automating enterprise class applications or cloud topologies.
- Experience with designs consuming cloud services/technologies, specifically on AWS (EC2, EBS, ELB, KMS, IAM, STS, CloudWatch, S3, VPC, security groups).
- Strong analytical skills and broad product knowledge.
- Experience on server platforms specifically Windows 2012/2016 and Linux flavors is required.
- Extensive experience with OS security involving Active Directory, Windows networking, Group policies, DNS, PKI & Certificates, LDAP, NACL.
- Extensive experience writing Python, Windows Powershell, or Perl scripts.
- Experience with performance monitoring and scalability factors in information systems.
- Good grasp of concepts like distributed systems, multi-tenant systems, network protocols, network security, SSL, PKIX, routing, and load balancing.
- Understanding of operational concepts like change management, on call rotations, escalations, uptime, etc.
- Experience implementing controls from NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, ICD 503, RMF, DoD ILs.
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.