|Title:||Systems Engineer - Cross-Domain Solutions|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
TITLE: Systems Engineer – Cross-Domain Solutions
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
Division: Braxton Technologies, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Shift & Travel
10% (or less) travel required
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Cross-Domain Engineer position will directly support the US Space Force’s Space and Missile Center (SMC) Enterprise Ground Service (EGS) SATOPS, Prototyping, and Integration (SPI) program and its goal to deploy a universal command and control architecture aimed at eliminating restrictions by continuously delivering enterprise tactical command and control services and applications that, when integrated with mission partner unique services and applications through the use of system engineering principles, will fully enable today’s modern warfighter.
Responsibilities - Essential Functions
- Coordinates cyber requirements to ensure solution can obtain approved accreditations across cloud and on-prem deployments.
- Works closely with system/software designers, operators, and technical writers to develop artifacts and training standards, and highlight requirement gaps to deliver systems into a long term strategically sustainable structure.
- Subject matter expert in the rule set and filter development for cross-domain solutions.
- Architect, design, implement, test & certify, and deploy approved cross-domain solutions.
- Support the evolution of our platform stack by supporting the deployment of new components, services, and tools, including open source libraries.
- Work with Product Owners, testers, developers, and other stakeholders to implement user stories through features and software components.
- Provide support to Cybersecurity policy and procedures.
- Provide support to Cybersecurity/IA training and certification.
- Support the team with Cross-domain Guard Risk Management (RMF) implementations.
- Ability to support baseline and functional testing of the Cross-Domain Guard capabilities.
- Experience with W3C schema and mapping GMSEC/C2MS messages to those schemas.
- Knowledge of protocol breaks.
- Can build test infrastructure to performance test CDSs.
- Experience working with Forcepoint on CDS solutions.
- Complete all initial and annual training requirements and disclosures as outlined by BSTG.
- Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the department.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Systems/Software, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline required
- 3+ CDS technology related experience
Required Skills/Abilities – Competencies
- Experience with the CDS Assessment and Authorization Process including SABI and TSABI.
- Develop rule sets for Rule Set Developer with experience in W3C XML Schema.
- Ability to drive the DevSecOps life cycle.
- Experience with eliciting, user stories, requirements, designing, developing, testing, and preparing for releases.
- Provide control of configuration management for the CDS rule sets.
- Experience with accessing messaging services for security, performance, and obsolescence.
- Communicate with other team members as well as upper management effectively and clearly.
- Prepare cross-domain solutions briefings, information papers and status reports as required for cross-domain solutions certification process, management activities and meetings.
- Review U.S. federal policy and procedures, to include National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and DoD for use of cross-domain solutions and provide analysis of compliance with policy and procedure requirements for products.
- Provide expertise and process cross-domain solutions actions in accordance with published policy and procedures and track the status of those actions.
- Reviewing and analyzing Plans of Action and Milestones (POAMs) submitted by system owners, to create status reports on remediation of vulnerabilities as required.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification: Category IAM Level I (Must have one of the following quals: CAP, CND, Cloud, GSLC, Security+ CE)
- Experience in Raise the Bar initiative
- Red Hat and/or general Linux experience
- Experience with build/SCM tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git and Nexus
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in an agile environment
- DevSecOps oriented
- Develop and execute rollouts of the messaging service in a CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and help troubleshoot problems
Security Clearance Requirements: The ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Security Clearance; an active DoD SCI Clearance is desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the buildings.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: