Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a Test Engineer to support our growing business.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Test Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible 25%
- Leading site test activities with less experienced test personnel and site personnel
- Establishing milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program risks and obtain solutions to include allocation of resources
- Supporting the development of system test solutions in accordance with project technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Participating, preparing and executing comprehensive system/element level test plans, procedures and test events
- Participating in system/element level test planning and test readiness reviews
- Participating and potentially coordinating integrated testing activities and resolving conflicts for competing systems.
- Documenting test requirements and methodologies in the requirements management system.
- Training less experienced personnel on the system test processes and procedures
- Reviewing system engineering documentation to ensure test plans and methodologies meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, consistent and complete
- Participating in trade studies to support the selection of preferred design solutions, commercial hardware or software components, and preferred course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery
- Supporting the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing
- Participating in engineering peer reviews as a document originator or reviewer to ensure technical quality and engineering rigor is appropriate
- Participating in project technical risk analysis and mitigation
- Active Secret clearance is required for this position
- Experience in using a requirements management tool, such as DOORS
- Experience in with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience in using a discrepancy management tool, such as Jira, Bugzilla, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with DevOps/Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with ground-based radars such as Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) and/or Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP)
- Experience with test automation
- Experience in writing scripts using scripting languages such as Korn Shell, Bourne Shell, Python, Perl, bash, tcl, etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office suite of tools (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Security + Certification
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.