Information Systems Security Officer
|Title:||Information Systems Security Officer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Title: Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), Entry Level
- 450 East Fountain Boulevard, Colorado Springs, Colorado (majority of time)
- Schriever Air Force Base, Yoder, Colorado
- 555 East Pikes Peak Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Shall monitor/audit systems in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements in support of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and in compliance with Defense Security Service (DSS) Office of the Designated Approving Authority (ODAA) baseline requirements, following the most current Department of Defense (DoD) 5220.22-M National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual and DSS Assessment Authorization Process Manual.
- Perform STIG validation assessments utilizing automated tools such as Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Tenable’s Security Center/Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and DISA STIG Viewer against unclassified and classified automated information systems and report results to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) monthly.
- Attend all meetings relevant to their assigned systems as directed by the ISSM. Additionally, The candidate shall develop reports and briefings as required by the ISSM.
- Coordinate with Weapon System Managers (WSMs) and their representatives to ensure proposed security relevant baseline changes (to include hardware, software, connectivity) are vetted through a SPA Configuration Control Board (CCB). Subcontractors shall identify proposed changes or additions to the automated information system and ensure changes are communicated to the ISSM.
- Maintain an accurate hardware and software baseline for all assigned systems and notify the ISSM when changes occur.
- Assist the ISSM with preparation, maintenance, and implementation of an accurate System Security Plan (SSP).
- Provide protection, transportation, and storage of classified material in performance of their duties.
- Provide escort of uncleared personnel within the classified environment as required.
- Read and comply with all applicable Security Classification Guides (SCGs).
- Complete all required Harris security training and DSS required training.
- Report all automated information system and physical security infractions to the ISSM and Facility Security Officer (FSO) immediately and create security infraction memorandum for records as necessary.
Minimum Security Clearance
- An active DoD Secret or higher is required.
- Perform weekly and/or monthly audits of automated information systems, both Windows and Linux based operating systems, for systems identified as containing Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) IAW Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement clause 252-204-7012 and NIST 800-171. Additionally, auditing of classified information systems will be required as well, to include existing classified systems as well as planned ones.
Education and Years of Experience
- College Associate’s Degree or higher is required and 3 years of experience, or College Bachelor’s Degree and entry level experience
- (IAW) DoDD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level Two certification. Examples include
- CompTIA Security+ or higher
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security