Ingenicomm, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for Software Engineers to support our growing business.
Ingenicomm seeks motivated individuals for Software Engineering opportunities at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). Candidates will support the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite - R Series (GOES-R) science simulator and the Landsat Scalable Integrated Multi-Mission Simulation (LSIMSS). These tools are used to test the spacecraft and ground system, and also perform anomaly resolution.
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible
- Analyze, design, implement, test and document software for inclusion in high-profile satellite communications systems
- Work closely with system engineers and project managers to deliver high-quality, reliable systems to the end customer
- Help construct unit and system/regression level test cases
- Participates in design/code reviews for project/product initiatives
- Assisting in prototype and tool development
- Support software engineering and system architecture for NASA spacecraft ground systems
- Perform software maintenance
- Develop custom code and enhancements in a Linux system environment
- Understand NASA spacecraft real-time simulation requirements
- Design and implement spacecraft simulations and real-time data communications
- Quickly understand assignments and carry them out with moderate supervision
- Support Peer Reviews at all phases of the development cycle to ensure successful integration with other software components
- Communicate with engineers to resolve any data anomaly and support ad hoc requests from NASA customers and the user community
Minimum Security Clearance
- The ability to obtain a Security Clearance is required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 5 - 10 years of software development experience required
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Linux OS, Bash script, Java, C++
- Excellent verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Team-oriented personality
Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Experience with satellite communications protocols
- Experience with satellite ground data systems
- Experience with the Landsat program
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- 5 - 10 years with a Bachelor’s Degree
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.