Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) division, has an opening to support our growing engineering business. This position requires a motivated individual who seeks to work in a team environment where creative solutions are encouraged and technical challenges are the norm. The individual would work in Chantilly, VA supporting the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). The candidate would work as a member of the COLOSSUS team and perform the activities required to support mission gap analysis and assessment of alternatives in relation to the customer’s enterprise architecting initiatives. Candidates would interact extensively with the government client as a Systems Engineer in a multi-contract team environment encompassing end-to-end system engineering lifecycle activities.
- Chantilly, VA
- Systems Engineer
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience
- M-F, Days
- None anticipated.
- Conduct assessments of new and revised external stakeholder mission/user needs, guiding policies and directives and other stakeholder guidance to include identification of latent and emerging needs in advance of change.
- Conduct capabilities and gap assessments of architecture needs and current-funded capabilities using the most current architecture information.
- Conduct technology gaps assessments (i.e. technology gaps are the difference between capability gap and available or forecasted technology solutions).
- Lead and contribute to working sessions with government or stakeholders to determine whether the needs and gaps assessments are complete and accurate and whether planned activities meet architectural intent.
- Review and comment on program acquisition documents within the customer’s organization to assess implementation of architectural intent.
- Document user capability and needs, available and planned capabilities, and capability gaps and technology gaps.
- Identify, document, and recommend potential options for eliminating or mitigating the identified capability gaps.
- Assess options identified by the customer for eliminating or mitigating the identified capability gaps to include coordination with stakeholders.
- Assess results to build and provide a business case analysis that includes independent performance, cost, schedule, and risks assessments in context with the architecture, plans, and other opportunities to include coordination with stakeholders.
- Participate in monthly Program Management Reviews (PMR).
- Provide Program Management and Acquisition support as requested.
Minimum Security Clearance
- Active DoD Top Secret with SCI and Poly.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- MS with 5+ years or BS with 7+ years of demonstrated performance related to the tasks above
- Experience in NRO mission system architectures or ground systems design and development
- Ability to excel as a member of a collaborative team through open communication, transparency, and flexibility
- Ability to relate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Training Required
- Four year college (Bachelor’s Degree); preference for technical or IT related degree
Minimum Years of Experience
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- ITIL Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Experience consulting and developing business cases for customer’s use
- Certifications related to functional responsibilities such as but not limited to Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Architecture domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Federal Agency
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: