|Title:||Embedded Software Engineer|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
|Location:||Washington, DC or Melbourne, FL|
Space Ground System Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a software engineer to design and develop embedded systems software for space-based programs being developed at a customer site located in Washington, D.C, or our corporate office in Melbourne, FL.
- Five (5) years experience developing embedded software, preferably for space-based applications.
- Analysis and design of real-time embedded software
- Embedded software development using C/C++
- Experience with embedded operating systems, such as VxWorks, Integrity, etc.
- Software testing, such as unit test, integrated testing or qualification testing
- Experience implementing embedded software for space-based applications
- Implementation of embedded software on resource-constrained systems
- Knowledge of space systems hardware, such as attitude sensors, CDH systems, etc.
- Experience developing robotics software
- Interface definition and implementation including software/hardware interfaces
- Integration of software with custom-built hardware
- Design, develop, implement, and test embedded software in support of various spacecraft payloads being developed at NRL, including robotic systems.
- Support all phases of the software development life cycle including: requirements analysis; design; implementation; test; and on-orbit operations
- Define and implement software/hardware interfaces.
- Implement real-time embedded software using C/C++
- Support all levels of flight software testing including unit testing, integrated testing, and qualification testing.
- Support software, hardware and system-level integration activities
- Work in a small-team environment that includes a variety of engineering disciplines (e.g. System, Electrical, Mechanical, Robotics, Thermal, Software etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Would also consider candidates with at least a BS in Aerospace Engineering, but must have significant, relevant work experience in embedded software development.
- Must be a US Citizen, and possess a current, active DoD SECRET clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.