|Title:||Embedded Software Engineer|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
|Location:||Washington, DC or Melbourne, FL|
Space Ground System Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a software engineer to design and develop embedded systems software for space-based programs being developed at a customer site located in Washington, D.C, or our corporate office in Melbourne, FL.
- Five (5) years experience developing embedded software, preferably for space-based applications.
- Analysis and design of real-time embedded software
- Embedded software development using C/C++
- Experience with embedded operating systems, such as VxWorks, Integrity, etc.
- Software testing, such as unit test, integrated testing or qualification testing
- Experience implementing embedded software for space-based applications
- Implementation of embedded software on resource-constrained systems
- Knowledge of space systems hardware, such as attitude sensors, CDH systems, etc.
- Experience developing robotics software
- Interface definition and implementation including software/hardware interfaces
- Integration of software with custom-built hardware
- Design, develop, implement, and test embedded software in support of various spacecraft payloads being developed at NRL, including robotic systems.
- Support all phases of the software development life cycle including: requirements analysis; design; implementation; test; and on-orbit operations
- Define and implement software/hardware interfaces.
- Implement real-time embedded software using C/C++
- Support all levels of flight software testing including unit testing, integrated testing, and qualification testing.
- Support software, hardware and system-level integration activities
- Work in a small-team environment that includes a variety of engineering disciplines (e.g. System, Electrical, Mechanical, Robotics, Thermal, Software etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Would also consider candidates with at least a BS in Aerospace Engineering, but must have significant, relevant work experience in embedded software development.
- Must be a US Citizen, and possess a current, active DoD SECRET clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information