|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Job Title: Senior System Administrator
Labor Category: Information Technology Specialist (ITS) 3 or 4
Location: Washington, DC
BSTG Division: SGSS
Senior-level, multi-platform, full time system administrator position supporting a program in our Washington, DC location. The System Administrator will be responsible for the development and management of computing infrastructure that supports development and testing of spacecraft systems, including servers, storage, network, workstations as well as all installed software. The individual will also be responsible for implementing and executing computer and information security plans in accordance with the organizations requirements and standards. Candidates should be comfortable in both Linux and Windows environments, while also capable of supporting end-user scientific workstations.
- 6+ years administration experience in Linux (Red Hat preferred)
- VMware ESXi, VCenter, and Workstation Pro configuration and support experience
- Good understanding of security issues and concerns for desktop and server implementations in a DoD environment.
- Understanding of DISA STIG requirements and implementation.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP based networking.
- Proven experience independently researching, planning, presenting, implementing and maintaining substantial IT infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in executing information assurance plans and procedures.
- Experience in collection, and communication of user requirements to supervisor to enhance current and future design and implementation of customer systems.
- Provide Help Desk support to user community.
- Interface and represent user community to enclave IA/IT groups.
- Juniper Firewall configuration and experience
- Day-to-day system administration and prioritization of work in support of user needs.
- Support long-term planning and management of infrastructure, including maintenance, upgrades and replacement of obsolete equipment.
- Support of information assurance plans and procedures
- Researching new technologies for all of these environments.
Minimum Education/ Experience:
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level one compliant or obtain compliance within 60 days of employment.
- Must possess an ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SGSS, Inc. offers a professional working environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including retirement brokerage account, 401(k) plan, vacation, holiday, and sick leave, educational assistance, major medical and dental for employees and their dependents, life Insurance as well as short/long term disability insurance.