|Title:||Security Operations Center Analyst (Technician 1)|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Security Operations Center Analyst (Technician 1)
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) division, has an opening to support our growing engineering business. This position requires a motivated individual who seeks to work in a team environment where creative solutions are encouraged, and technical challenges are the norm.
We are looking for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to support our Commercial Augmentation Service (CAS) team. This candidate will work closely with other SOC Analysts and CAS team members to protect our system from malicious cyber-attacks. More specifically, a successful candidate will support the detection, containment, and remediation of IT threats. Additionally, the candidate will monitor networks and applications to identify a possible cyber-attack or intrusion and help coordinate and report on the cyber incident responses. The CAS team supports the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) through commercial antenna augmentation.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Title: Security Operations Center Analyst
BSTG Division: Braxton Technologies, LLC
Salary: Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience
Shift (24x7): Shift work to include Saturday, Sunday and nights (shifts may rotate)
Travel: Occasional travel possible (< 10%)
- Vulnerability Management actions to include providing recommendations. Implement mitigations.
- Active monitoring of Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) systems.
- Conduct intrusion analysis and correlation of unauthorized activities; provide and implement recommendations to improve customer mitigation processes.
- Perform threat insight processes to provide analysis to support mitigation and remediation activities.
- Analyze cyber incidents, correlate incident details, and formulate and implement response actions with guidance from senior analyst.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis process and documentation capturing efforts taken to mitigate unauthorized actions.
- Participate in the development of DCO tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Participate in the development of DCO concept of operations, processes and procedures.
- Identify security discrepancies and report and respond to security incidents.
- Provide research and analysis in support of expanding programs and areas of responsibility.
- Draft documentation for briefings, reports, and informational analyses.
- Perform records management of sustainment related deliverables.
- Participate in customer exercises (after duty hours may be required).
- Adhere to defined policies, master plans and schedules.
Minimum Security Clearance
- The ability to obtain a Security Clearance is required.
- US Citizenship is required.
- If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Basic experience in developing and implementing rigorous processes.
- Basic oral, written, and graphical communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; message distribution/retrieval programs; and Analyst Notebook.
- ACAS experience preferred.
Education and Training Required
- Requirement: Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 (formerly DoDD 8570) IAT Level 2 Certification must be obtained prior to or within 60 days of hire. ONE of the following certifications fills this requirement:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA) demonstrates you have the skills needed to develop a secure infrastructure and mitigate cyber threats.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner shows you have the skills needed to manage and monitor IT infrastructures and apply security policies.
- Requirement: In addition to DoDD 8140, ONE of the following certifications must be obtained prior to or within 6 months of hire. Multiple is desired.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent
- CyberSec First Responder (CFR)
- CCNA Cyber Ops
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA) or DoDD 8570 CSSP
- GCIH (8570 Tech Level 3)
- Splunk Certified Power User (Fundamentals 1 and 2; Splunk Certified User is a prerequisite)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) from ISC3
- High school diploma, no associates or bachelor’s degree required but it is preferred.
Minimum Years of Experience
- 1 – 3 years of Security Operations Center experience preferred
- No Security Operations Center experience required if the applicant has 1 – 3 years of experience in cybersecurity, system administration, or information technology.
BSTG is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Division at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com. If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: