Job Title: Network Architect
Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) division, has an opening to support our NASA customer on the GOES-R spacecraft ground system. This position requires a senior individual who can assume a leadership position as a subject matter expert (SME) on networking spacecraft ground systems. The Network Architect is required to work in a team environment where creative solutions are welcome and technical challenges are the norm. The GOES-R ground system is preparing a technical refresh, and the Network Architect is needed to conduct an assessment of the current network and security architecture and implementation, highlight areas of concern, and define both near-term and long-term migration plans while ensuring ongoing operation and mitigating existing problems. This effort includes:
- Performing a strategic analysis of network and security technology and best practices.
- Assessing obsolescence issues and technology trends.
- Evaluating the feasibility for implementing strategic improvements and best practices in the ground system.
- Developing a roadmap for the ground system network that includes cost benefit analysis and value.
- Recommending process improvements and refinements from a networking and security perspective to institute a more comprehensive approach to ground system development and anomaly resolution.
- Greenbelt, MD. Some local travel in the DC Metro area for onboarding, and occasional corporate activities
- Network Architect V
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience
- Normal business hours with some surge based on test events, troubleshooting.
- May require local travel in the DC metro area on a limited basis.
The network architect will support the sustainment lead in an analysis of the existing ground segment architecture and recommend both near-term and long-term network modifications as part of the technical refresh. The position requires the definition and documentation of specific upgrade plans, including architecture definition, component selection, connectivity definition, security assessment and implementation, and deployment strategies that accommodate ongoing, real-time spacecraft operations. The Network Architect must have the ability to communicate network architectural information to key stakeholders such as the sustainment lead, as well as communicate detailed implementation strategies to others such as network engineers. The Network Architect must also provide project support functions, including periodic progress reporting, contribute finished material for technical presentation and project reviews, participate in team meetings, and review and assess reports as these become available.
Minimum Security Clearance
- None required
- Public Trust
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Network design certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCAr, or similar).
- Four years or more experience with network design and definition at the architecture level.
- At least one of the following network programming languages (OpenSwitch, DNOS, CISCO IOS, CISCO NX-OS, or similar).
- Ability to define network architecture based on requirements, existing system design, and programmatic inputs.
- Ability to define and verify the strategic implementation of security standards in a network environment, perform network security requirements definition and analysis, establish and implement network security designs, and map security implementation particulars to security standards controls and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to diagram network solutions.
Education and Training Required
- Four Year college (Bachelor’s Degree) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, or similar
- High School Diploma/GED, relevant work experience required in lieu of a BS
- Two year college (Associate’s Degree), relevant work experience required in lieu of a BS
Minimum Years of Experience
- Mid-level experience
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Programming Languages (C++/C, JAVA, etc.)
- Windows Administration
- Windows Domain Configuration
- Windows GPO Definition
- Windows Account Management
- Linux Administration
- Linux Account Management
- DNS Configuration (Win/Unix)
- Familiar with source control (Clearcase or similar)
- Virtual Machine Experience
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.