|Title:||Entry Level Software Engineer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for an entry level Software Engineer to support our growing business.
The successful applicant joins a dynamic team and plays a key role in software development. This individual is a self-starter, works well with others and has strong development skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for a developer who enjoys working in an environment where the application of his or her skills directly supports the success of the program.
The selected candidate will be mentored by our senior developers to support professional growth and development.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Software Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible
- Supports experienced engineers and program managers in developing functional application designs and other work products to meet basic design objectives.
- Ensures work products meet detailed customer and user requirements.
- Participates in design, technical, and programmatic meetings.
- Develops technical and programmatic documentation.
- Software design, development and testing of real-time systems
- Redesign and development of existing laboratory software and tools to next generation systems
- Integrating commercial-off-the-shelf hardware components with existing laboratory systems
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Create and document system design specifications and other technical documents as required
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
- Document test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards
- Document software defects
- Configuration management of software modules and system documentation
Minimum Security Clearance
- The ability to obtain a Security Clearance is required.
- US Citizenship is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with the following technologies:
- C++ programming language
- Windows operating systems
- Object-oriented software development
- Excellent verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Team-oriented personality
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Visual Studio integrated development environments
- GIT and Subversion software version control systems
- QT, Boost, XML
- Agile software development
- Multi-threaded software programming
- Satellite ground systems or satellite command and control
- Mission scheduling
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- None with a Bachelor’s Degree
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For assistance completing this application, please contact the Staffing Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.