|Title:||RF Spectrum Approval Technologist|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
TITLE: RF Spectrum Approval Technologist
DIVISION: York Space Systems
REPORTS TO: Software Engineer
Division: Braxton Technologies, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Shift & Travel
10% (or less) travel required
MAJOR FUNCTION: The Braxton RF Spectrum Technologist will support York Space Systems (Prime) Space Development Agency (SDA) Transport Layer Tranche 0 effort. SDA is in the process of deploying an initial suite of capabilities (Tranche 0 is initial warfighter capability) with the Transport Layer being one of the first deployed. The Transport Layer, once at initial operating capability will provide global, persistent, low-latency data and communications proliferated “mesh” network to provide 24x7 global communications. The first 20 spacecraft (S/C) will be launched in 3rd / 4th Quarter of 2022. Follow-on contracts for later Tranches are anticipated.
Responsibilities - Essential Functions
- Perform all actions necessary to submit for and obtain Certification (s) for Spectrum Support for the 10 York Transport spacecraft (S/C)
- Collect information on and document Ground Antenna locations, models, specifications, performance characteristics for Government and Commercial ground stations
- Collect information on and document S/C antenna models, specifications, performance characteristics to support Telemetry, Tracking, and Control (TT&C) and Mission Data Handling requirements
- Coordinate with Government Spectrum POC
- Collect information on and document radios to be flown on S/C
- Complete and submit Form 1494’s
- Support EL-CID (Equipment Locator – Certification Information Database) and Step-Stone input, as required
- Generate the Frequency Request - Standard Frequency Action Format (SFAF), as required
- Complete all initial and annual training requirements and disclosures as outlined by BSTG.
- Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the department.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of experience can be substituted for bachelor’s degree
- 5-8 years
Required Skills/Abilities – Competencies
- Possesses experience and knowledge of NTIA, FCC, and ITU radio frequency spectrum submission and approval processes and requirements
- Experience with EL-CID, SFAF, and Form 1494s (Step Stone experience desirable)
- Experience with/knowledge of SpectrumXXI
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Possess technical and analytical skills sufficient to understand RF interference analysis and implications
- Can execute and be successful given a limited set of requirements or direction
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of satellite communications, spectrum and frequency analysis, radio frequency engineering
Security Clearance Requirements: Capable of obtaining DoD Secret Clearance. Active DoD TS/SSBI or SCI Clearance is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the buildings.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: