|Title:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies is looking for a computer networking and wide-area communications expert. The ideal candidate will have experience in two or three of the following areas: the OSI model, networking protocols, terrestrial radio networks, Internet Protocol, and satellite-based communications. Experience with formal requirements and technical documentation is desired. Experience with enterprise-level operational systems is not necessary, but helpful.
This position will require quickly coming up to speed on the customers’ needs and working with other engineers to iterate on multiple solutions. This position will require exposure to the customers through meetings, high-quality documentation, and delivery of software solutions. There may be opportunities for travel to off-site customer locations.
Senior Software Developer (E3)
- Supports principal/lead engineers and program managers in developing subsystem solutions through multiple phases of the engineering lifecycle, and in developing other work products of moderate complexity.
- Verifies work products meet detailed customer and user requirements and other design objectives.
- Leads design, technical, and programmatic meetings, and resolves issues.
- Develops and reviews integrated technical and programmatic documentation.
- Software design, development and testing of real-time systems
- Integrating commercial-off-the-shelf hardware components with existing systems
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Create system design specifications and other technical documents as required
- Design and maintain automated test scripts and applications
- Document software defects
- Configuration management of software modules and system documentation
Minimum Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Python and C++ programming languages
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Network services, protocols, and serialization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented personality
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- OSI-model networking and topologies
- RF (radio frequency) signals and technology
- SDRs (software-defined radios)
- GPS, GNSS (global navigation satellite systems), and PNT (position, navigation, and timing)
- Precision timekeeping
- Git version control
- Agile software development
- Satellite ground systems or satellite command and control
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- 6+ with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ with a Master’s Degree
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: