|Title:||Lead Software Engineer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies is looking to expand its in-house PNT (position, navigation, and timing) expertise. We are looking for candidates with a background in satellite-based navigation (GPS/GNSS), non-ranging navigation techniques (INS), precision timekeeping, and distributed communication techniques. Experience with formal requirements and technical documentation is necessary. Experience with enterprise-level operational systems is not necessary, but helpful.
This position will require quickly coming up to speed on the customers’ needs and working with other engineers to iterate on multiple solutions. This position will require exposure to the customers through meetings, high-quality documentation, and delivery of software solutions. There may be opportunities for travel to off-site customer locations.
Lead Software Engineer (E3)
- Provides project-level ownership, direction, and task prioritization to meet project objectives within a defined schedule.
- Provides leadership in designing and developing solutions through multiple phases of the engineering lifecycle, and in developing other work products of moderate complexity.
- Verifies work products meet detailed customer and user requirements and other design objectives.
- Leads design, technical, and programmatic meetings, and resolves issues.
- Develops and reviews integrated technical and programmatic documentation.
- Designs, develops, and tests software systems
- Participates in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Creates system design specifications and other technical documents as required
- Designs and maintain automated test scripts and applications
- Documents software defects
- Makes use of existing configuration management for software modules and system documentation
- Provides guidance and mentorship to junior engineers/developers
Minimum Security Clearance
- DoD Secret security clearance
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Existing PNT technologies
- Distributed communications techniques, protocols, and topologies
- Python and C++ programming languages
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Network services, protocols, and serialization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented personality
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- RF (radio frequency) signals and technology
- SDRs (software-defined radios)
- GPS, GNSS (global navigation satellite systems), and PNT (position, navigation, and timing)
- Non-ranging navigation techniques such as INS (inertial navigation systems)
- Precision timekeeping
- Git version control
- Agile software development
- Satellite ground systems or satellite command and control
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- 6+ with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ with a Master’s Degree