|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions (SGSS), a subsidiary of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), has an immediate full-time opening for a Technical Writer to assist with documentation creation and management in support of our expanding engineering business. The position requires a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who can work in a dynamic software development environment. The position involves creating, formatting and maintaining technical documentation associated with satellite command and control software. The preferred candidate should be familiar with creating and storing technical documentation in a web-hosted environment.
- Ten plus (10+) years’ professional experience creating and maintaining technical manuals and documentation
- Excellent technical writing skill with emphasis on English vocabulary, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Experience with researching, creating and managing software technical manuals and documentation
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic, collaborative software development environment with minimal direction and supervision
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating systems preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Git and JIRA preferred
- Experience with DI2E and Confluence preferred
- Create user guides, operating instructions, training manuals, online help content and other technical documentation
- Write clearly and concisely to convey complex information in an easy-to-understand manner
- Format documentation for consistent structure, style and language
- Update existing technical documentation to match changes to the software
- Manage documentation to create and maintain multiple document revisions
- Work with software developers, testers and other subject matter experts to learn various software applications and obtain the information to be documented
- Execute software applications to capture screenshots and integrate them into the documentation
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of formal education and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: