|Title:||Windows System Administrator|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO (near downtown)|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a mid-senior level Windows System Administrator.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Windows System Administrator
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days. This position supports onsite programs and R&D laboratories, so it requires onsite presence with minimal to no telecommuting. A typical work week is 44 hours.
Travel: Occasional US travel is possible.
The position is geared toward a person with 5 years of IT experience in Windows Administrator. The ideal candidate will have flexibility in the IT organization to support growing needs in product and cybersecurity support. The position primarily supports onsite programs located with the Braxton facilities but may occasionally surge to assist the IT corporate team. The following allocation of time is an average and may fluctuate weekly.
- Windows Administration (AD, GPO, Deployment)
- VSAN & VSAN Switching
- vCenter, vSphere, vSAN
- Implementation of SEIM products
- Patch Management
- Veeam backup
- Firmware update
- Configuration management and device assessment of authorized installed software
- Cybersecurity monitoring
Special projects continually change. Below are non-inclusive examples:
- Surge to assist the IT R&D projects
- Information Assurance
- Network scanning
- Penetration testing
- Cybersecurity monitoring
- DMVPN setup among other BSTG divisions
- Technical refresh assessment
- Budget input
- Budget tracking
Minimum Security Clearance
- DoD Secret Security Clearance minimum, Top Secret preferred
- US Citizenship is required
Required Qualifications and Skills
- CompTIA Security+ or CCNA Security - Cisco
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption).
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, Oauth, OpenID, SAML, SPML).
- Knowledge of secure configuration management techniques. (e.g., Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), cybersecurity best practices on cisecurity.org).
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Knowledge of how to use network analysis tools.
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
- Ability to produce technical documentation.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to install cabling on a ladder with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Years of Experience
- High School and 5+ years, Bachelors and 3+ years, or Master and 1+ years
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications, Education
- Linux Certification
- Microsoft Certification
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: