|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a software engineer. The position will be responsible for software integration and development of the Virtual Mission Operations Center (VMOC) software. VMOC is a program under contract with the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC. The primary work location is the local SGSS office in Alexandria, VA.
Three (3) years of experience in software application development.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other developers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and customers.
- Experience designing and developing software features.
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing software defects
- Experience with object oriented development.
- Experience with software configuration management tools (e.g. git)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle DB)
- Experience with development software application program interfaces (APIs)
- Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Java/Java EE development.
- Experience with application server development on JBoss Wildfly server.
- Experience with GUI development.
- Experience with Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket etc).
- Familiarity with Satellite Systems, Satellite Operations, and/or Aerospace Engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with Unix based operating systems.
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts.
- Familiarity with cloud software development and concepts.
- Familiarity with web security technologies and best practices (e.g. PKI, OpenId)
- Perform analysis of requirements and software documentation, and confer with customers to aid in designing new features.
- Perform research on new technologies or methodologies for implementing complex workflows.
- Develop robust enhancements to the VMOC software system.
- Develop unit tests to improve test coverage of features and defect fixes.
- Documenting the improvements made to VMOC in the associated document suite.
- Collaborate with testing team members to:
- Determine the cause of bugs recently introduced.
- Provide testing guidance on new features recently developed.
- Work as an effective team member across multiple disciplines (systems, software developers, networking, configuration management, & test engineering).
- Ability to work in an Agile environment.
- Travel: < 10%
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active DoD Secret clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: