|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Position: System Administrator
Labor Category: ITS
Location: Washington, DC
BSTG Division: SGSS
Position ID: 2218
DC Networks #: 403897
Mid-level, multi-platform, full time system administrator position supporting a program in our Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC locations. The System Administrator will be part of a team responsible for the development and management of computing infrastructure that supports development and testing of spacecraft systems, including servers, storage, network, workstations as well as all installed software. The individual will also be responsible for implementing and executing computer and information security plans in accordance with the organizations requirements and standards. Candidates should be comfortable in both Linux and Windows server environments, while also capable of supporting end-user scientific workstations.
- 2+ years administration experience in Linux (Red Hat Linux preferred) Good understanding of security issues and concerns for desktop and server implementations in a DOD environment.
- Understanding of DISA STIG requirements and implementation.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP based networking.
- Proven experience independently researching, planning, presenting, implementing and maintaining substantial IT infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in executing information assurance plans and procedures.
- Experience in collection, and communication of user requirements to supervisor to enhance current and future design and implementation of customer systems.
- Provide Help Desk support to user community.
- Interface and represent user community to enclave IA/IT groups.
- VMware ESXi, VCenter, and Workstation Pro configuration and support experience.
- Juniper Firewall configuration and experience
- NetApp storage solutions
- Day-to-day system administration and prioritization of work in support of user needs.
- Support long-term planning and management of infrastructure, including maintenance, upgrades and replacement of obsolete equipment.
- Support of information assurance plans and procedures
- Researching new technologies for all of these environments.
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level one compliant or obtain compliance within 60 days of employment. (CompTIA Security+ CE certification or better)
- Must possess an ACTIVE SECRET clearance, with the intent of attaining a TS clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information