Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) company, has an opening for a Technical Writer at the Blossom Point Tracking Facility (BPTF) which is located near La Plata, MD. The candidate will provide technical writing support and develop various technical and program/project management artifacts and documents. The facility is responsible for the Operations, Maintenance, Sustainment and Systems engineering of satellite communication systems.
- Welcome, MD
- Technical Writer
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience; $75k-$80k
- M-F, Days
- Minimal travel required.
- Provide technical documentation services to the Station Manager, Blossom Point Engineering Team, Systems Engineer, RF Technical Team, Digital Team, and IT Team.
- Adhere and incorporate standards, templates, policies and procedures established by the Naval Research Laboratory, U.S. Navy and the Department of Defense.
- Develop, augment and update various artifacts to include Interface Configuration documents, Program /Project documents, Detailed Business Proposals, Operations Concepts, Information Security documents, etc.
- Assist the Program Manager in developing artifacts and documentation of management processes.
Minimum Security Clearance
- Interim Secret or active Secret clearance required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience using MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio.
- Experience creating technical documentation such as user guides, technical guides, templates, training materials, etc.
- Superior writing and editing skills, as displayed across varied forms and formats in a Federal project environment.
- Experience developing and/or managing technical documentation review process steps.
- Experience researching tools, procedures, and technical configurations.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience writing Information Security policies and/or Network procedures.
Education and Training Required
- An Associate’s degree (or equivalent) in English, Journalism, or a relevant field; Bachelor’s degree desired.
Minimum Years of Experience
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Ability to understand and document technical systems;
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, graphical, as well as written forms.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: