|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
The SPI System Administrator will directly support the US Space Force’s Space and Missile Center (SMC) Enterprise Ground Service (EGS) SATOPS, Prototyping, and Integration (SPI) program and its goal to deploy a universal command and control architecture aimed at eliminating restrictions by continuously delivering enterprise tactical command and control services and applications that, when integrated with mission partner unique services and applications through the use of system engineering principles, will fully enable today’s modern warfighter.
This role will align under the EGS Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Operations Support team as outlined below.
- Lab environment System Administrator with a focus to ensure effective and efficient system support
- Works closely with system/software designers, operators, cybersecurity, and engineering to keep the lab systems in a secure and reliable state
- Oversees and coordinates the operational aspects of operations testing and training on the lab systems
- Implements, sustains, and maintains the lab systems based on requirements/specifications, customer expectations, and cybersecurity requirements
- Responsible for daily care-and-feeding of the lab systems to include upgrades, patches, and routine maintenance
- Support of SPI customers – internally and externally.
- System Administrator
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Braxton Technologies, LLC (Braxton)
- Competitive salary, commensurate with education, experience, and clearance level
Shift & Travel
- M-F, Days
- 10% (or less) travel required
· Perform system administration functions to include configuration, housekeeping, and archival of files.
· Manage and conduct hardware and software warranty management, manage support agreements and conduct all required system maintenance.
· Support the planning and execution of agile test activities to include managing the integration of capabilities that are developed by other contractors using continuous development and integration practices.
· Install, update, and configure EGS COTS and GOTS hardware and software.
· Perform system/database backups and take VM snapshots as required.
· Properly shutdown, startup, and restore the system as required.
· Support configuration audit activities.
· Install vendor and system patches as required to maintain necessary compliance and system security requirements.
Minimum Security Clearance
- DoD Secret
- Clearable to TS/SCI
Required Qualifications and Skills
A successful candidate will be able to perform the following tasks and roles:
- Is a team player and highly effective communicator.
- Windows system administration, expected to provide technical problem solving and in-depth consulting for problems involving system operations/administration.
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation.
- Windows Administration (AD, GPO, Deployment, etc…).
- Maintenance of SIEM (LogRhythm or Splunk) applications and systems.
- Automated installation methods and system imaging (VMware vSphere and Veeam).
- Working as part of a team responsible for administration and management of servers, end-user workstations in both unclassified and classified network environments; to include system backups, patch management, and group policy definition/maintenance.
- Support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files.
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting, and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services.
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes.
- Perform typical SA functions such as configure file systems and file system attributes, permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, patching, and core services.
- Manage users and groups, including use of a centralized directory (AD/IPA/LDAP) for authentication
- Maintain up-to-date Configuration Control and adhere to all Configuration Management requirements for all Firmware, Software, and Hardware associated with the classified and unclassified networks.
- Prepare and submit status reports, and technical briefs, as required, to supervisor, senior management, and customers.
- Provide technical expertise at supervisor and management meetings, which may include necessary planning and scheduling of meetings.
- Produce and deliver reports on system utilization.
- Configuring system logging (including remote logging), configure tools such as What’s Up Gold, CACTI, Solar Winds, etc.
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, SSH and NTP.
- Provide systems administration for all clients, servers, and peripherals connected to the classified and unclassified networks.
· Lockdown/harden Windows Server 2012, Windows 10, RHEL (6,7), and ESXi.
· Lockdown/harden Applications in accordance with DISA STIGS.
· Ability to create and maintain a baseline and configuration manage virtual machines.
· Automate deployment and configuration of virtual machines using configuration management tools specified by the government such as Ansible, Terraform or Puppet.
· Experience with Cybersecurity monitoring tools like ACAS.
· Red Hat or general Linux abilities.
· Ability to perform network scanning and troubleshooting.
Minimum Years of Experience
- 8+ years of Systems Administration experience
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: