|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has a full-time opening for a mid-level Software Engineer. Our focus is to provide our customers with practical, state of the art solutions to complex communications, command, control and intelligence applications. The position is for a software developer to design, implement, test and validate software used to command and control satellites and payloads on orbit. The position is located at our corporate office in Alexandria, VA.
One (1) to five (5) years’ experience developing software in C, C++, Java and/or other high level programming languages.
- Experience with Linux or similar operating systems
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, standards and proficiency with C, C++, Java and other high level languages
- Experience writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, Python, etc.)
- Experience in software configuration management tools (examples: git, Mercurial, etc.).
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions
- Experience interacting with databases (examples: MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Desire to work in the space industry developing satellite command and control systems for test and operations
- C/C++/Linux RHEL software development
- Design and implement software for a large scale command and control system
- Troubleshoot and report software anomalies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and schedules
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other relevant Engineering field from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active DoD Secret clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.