|Title:||Principal Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)|
Principal Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) company, has an opening for a Principal Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to join our team at the Blossom Point Tracking Facility (BPTF) in Welcome, MD. The ISSO will be a part of the Information Assurance team that will upgrade and maintain the security posture of all standalone and networked environments at Blossom Point.
- Welcome, MD
- Principal Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience; $110k-$115k
- M-F, Days
- Minimal travel required.
- Maintain operational security posture for programs and information systems.
- Support information security accreditation activities in compliance with all federal government policy and procedures.
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support continuous monitoring and security control testing.
- Prepare and review relevant documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Remediation Plans, Plan of Actions and Milestone (POAM), Configuration Management Plan, Incident Response Plan, etc.
- Compile Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
Minimum Security Clearance
- Active Secret clearance required. Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Expert technical knowledge in security policy, information assurance, and IT systems engineering.
- Possess excellent analytical skills and be capable of quantifying risk to enterprise systems and level of compliance with security policy.
- Strong IT system and application engineering background with experience in Windows, Linux, and virtual environments, Active Directory, and networking.
- Experience with certification testing, Risk Management Framework (RMF), information assurance tools, DoD STIG, and vulnerability assessment.
- Direct experience reviewing and developing accreditation/certification packages.
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, disaster recovery, technologies, and methods.
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate information assurance issues to peers and management.
- Ability to instruct and train site personnel on cyber security awareness.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly and independently analyze security-related issues and identify solutions.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervisory direction and oversight.
Education and Training Required
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the fields of mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science;
- CISSP, CISM, or DoD 8140 / 8570.1 certification (IAM level 3) or similar.
Minimum Years of Experience
- 7-9 years of related experience with Bachelor’s degree;
- 5-6 years of related experience with Master’s degree.
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Highly desire experience with Network Security tools – GFI LanGuard, Nessus, Gigamon, FireEye, Suricata, or Palo Alto knowledge.
- Highly desire experience with Security Information and Event Management tools - LogRhythm, ArcSight, NetWitness, Splunk Enterprise Security, AlienVault, and/or SolarWinds Log and Event Manager.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: