|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has a full-time opening for a junior-level Software Engineer. The position is responsible for designing, implementing, integrating and validating software used to command and control on-orbit satellites and payloads. The position is located at a Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) Field Site in Welcome, MD.
Two (2) to five (5) years of software engineering/development experience using C/C++ in a Linux environment.
- Experience with Linux or similar operating systems
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, standards and proficiency with C, C++, Java and other high level languages
- Experience writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, Python, etc.)
- Experience using software configuration management tools (examples: git, Mercurial, etc.).
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions
- Experience interacting with databases (examples: MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Desire to work in the space industry developing satellite command and control systems for test and operations
- C/C++/Linux RHEL software development
- Design and implement software for a large-scale command and control system
- Troubleshoot and report software anomalies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and schedules
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other Software Engineering field from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- An active DoD Secret clearance is desired, but not required.
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.