|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
|Location:||West Melbourne, FL|
Position: Software Engineer
Labor Category: Engineer 1 - Senior Engineer (DOE)
Location: West Melbourne, FL
Employ Florida #: 10678241
Space Ground System Solutions has a full-time opening for an entry to mid-level Software Engineer. Our focus is to provide our customers with practical, state of the art solutions to complex communications, command, control and intelligence applications. SGSS offers a professional and exciting work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including retirement brokerage account, 401(k) plan, vacation, holiday, and sick leave, educational assistance, major medical and dental for employees and their dependents, life insurance as well as short/long term disability insurance. The position is for a software developer to design, implement, test and validate software used to command and control satellites and payloads on orbit. The position is located at our corporate office in West Melbourne, FL.
New graduates to ten (10) years’ experience with applicable college classes, internships and interests.
- Experience with Linux or similar operating systems
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, standards and proficiency with C, C++, Java and other high level languages.
- Experience or classwork covering writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, Python, etc.)
- Experience or classwork covering software configuration management tools (examples: git, Mercurial, etc.).
- Experience or classwork covering documenting test results for corrective actions
- Experience or classwork covering interacting with databases (examples: Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, etc.).
- Understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Desire to work in the space industry developing satellite command and control systems for test and operations.
- System and Software level Integration and Test
- C/C++/Linux RHEL software development
- Design and implement software for a large scale command and control system
- Create and execute integration and system tests and document test procedures
- Troubleshoot and report software anomalies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and schedules
At minimum, must have a Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active SECRET clearance
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.