Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) company, has an opening to support our growing engineering team. As part of BSTG, Ingenicomm develops cutting edge satellite ground system solutions for customers across the Civil Space, Department of Defense, and International space agencies. One of our principal customers is NASA, and we are looking to add talent to our team in Palestine, TX to support the Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility (https://www.csbf.nasa.gov/), which provides the services of launching large (400 ft. diameter), unmanned, high altitude (120,000 ft.), research balloons; tracking, and recovering the scientific experiments suspended beneath them, for NASA centers and Universities from all over the world.
- Palestine, TX
- Electrical Engineer
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience; $45k – 125k
- M-F, Days
- Extensive travel anticipated, up to 60% of the year. This would include travel to locations such as Antarctica, and therefore must pass the physical requirement to work in a remote location.
- As an engineer at the Columbia Scientific Balloon Facility, you will work within a multidisciplinary team to ensure subsystems are integrated and operational for successful sub-orbital long duration balloon flights. These activities will occur both at our facility in Palestine, Texas and at remote locations around the world.
- Prepare balloon subsystems for flight and perform all pre-flight testing and calibration, including operation of an environmental test chamber and other metrology and calibration lab tools.
- Monitor and control subsystems during flight to insure optimal performance.
- Assist in the design/development and integration of satellite communication, telemetry, and data acquisition systems.
- Work with science groups to ensure a successful integration of payload electrical and telemetry systems.
- Support system obsolescence and technology refresh efforts to introduce new capabilities or modernize existing capabilities.
Minimum Security Clearance
- None required, ability to obtain Secret desired; US Citizenship required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, graphical, and written forms;
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical systems;
- Knowledge of electronic circuit design and troubleshooting;
Education and Training Required
- Four year college (Bachelor’s Degree); preference for electrical or computer engineering degree
Minimum Years of Experience
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Experience working with satellite communications systems, DC power systems, or data acquisition systems
- Familiarity with schematic capture software (ORCAD/ALTIUM)
- Knowledge of serial communications protocols
- Experience working with embedded microcontroller system design
- Experience with LabView/LabWindows, C/C++, Linux
- Understanding of Intelligence Community Information Technology Environment (IC ITE), specifically C2S
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: