|Title:||Cloud Infrastructure Application Engineer*|
Cloud Infrastructure Application Engineer*
The successful applicant will serve as an integrator and application engineer for a product line of secure, hardened operating systems and container images to serve as the basis for National Security Space ground systems development and operations. This engineer will be responsible for adapting and integrating the OS product line into application development and deployment environments in a variety of commercial and private cloud infrastructures. As the engineer works with other teams, new requirements, features, and defects will arise and the application engineer will be an advocate for prioritization and partner in refining and testing the work of the development team. The engineer will also be responsible for developing and sustaining examples and templates, as well as developer-focused documentation, to improve the user experience for new and long-term users of secure operating systems services.
The Platform Engineer will work in a larger team of engineers supporting other services, components, and integration activities for a software-centric satellite ground system. This requisition is for a senior platform engineer with a breadth of experience in automated configuration and provisioning of cloud OS level infrastructure. Applicants should be familiar with multiple OS and toolchains and will have delivered and maintained operating system environments for use by developers and deployed applications in private datacenter and public/commercial cloud computing infrastructures. The platform engineer will work on a small scrum team with a US Government product owner, a trained security professional, and 1-3 developers.
- Windows Server platform, including automated deployment and patching scenarios
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora/CentOS, including automated deployment and patching scenarios
- Development in a container deployment environment, docker and k8s
- Familiarity with automation of securityrelevant OS configurations, frameworks, and verification mechanisms including SELinux, GPO, host firewall
- Deployment of applications into mixed OS environments on a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or similar)
- Use of platform level automation tooling, including Jenkins, Ansible/Puppet, Hashicorp tools (Packer, Terraform), Python
- Experience operating in an agile delivery environment (Scaled Agile; Scrum)
- Experience delivering in a DevOps model
- Deployment and maintenance of on and offline package registry and repositories (eg yum/rpm, WSUS, docker registry)
- Experience developing and sustaining National Security IT applications and services is preferred
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum 7-10 years relevant experience
- Travel 10%
- Applicant must be able to obtain clearance
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: