|Title:||Senior Software Developer|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has a full-time opening for a mid-level Software Engineer. Our focus is to provide our customers with practical, state of the art solutions to complex communications, command, control and intelligence applications. SGSS offers a professional and exciting work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package including retirement brokerage account, 401(k) plan, vacation, holiday, and sick leave, educational assistance, major medical and dental for employees and their dependents, life insurance as well as short/long term disability insurance. The position is for a software developer to design, implement, test and validate software used to command and control satellites and payloads on orbit. The position is located at our corporate office in Alexandria, VA.
Five (5) to twenty (20) years’ experience, with some experience in a lead position.
- Experience with Linux or similar operating systems
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, standards and proficiency with C, C++, Java and other high level languages
- Experience writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, Python, etc.)
- Experience software configuration management tools (examples: git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions
- Experience interacting with databases (examples: MySQL. MariaDB, etc.)
- Understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Desire to work in the space industry developing satellite command and control systems for test and operations
- C/C++/Linux RHEL software development
- Design and implement software for a large scale command and control system
- Troubleshoot and report software anomalies
- Ability to lead a small team of developers
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and schedules
At minimum, must have a Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active TS/SCI clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.