|Title:||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Position: Senior System Engineer
Labor Category: Senior Computer Scientist 2 (SC2)
Location: Washington, DC
Space Ground System Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a senior system engineer to support the Enterprise Ground Services (EGS) Rapid Delivery Team (RDT) in the Washington DC area.
Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of system/software engineering experience designing and developing architectures for large-scale, satellite command and control systems.
- Experience designing and developing architectures for large-scale, satellite command and control systems.
- Experience working with the customers and end users to solicit use cases and requirements.
- Experience defining system and software level use cases and requirements
- Experience defining and documenting system/software architectures, including reference architectures.
- Experience defining system and software level interfaces.
- Experience working with software teams to design and implement the software system.
- Experience verifying software systems
- Experience with the Linux operating systems.
- Design and develop the Enterprise Ground Services (EGS) architecture and services to provide ground-based, satellite command and control.
- Work as a key member of the Rapid Delivery Team (Team) to identify, develop, and deploy EGS services.
- Support deployment and verification of EGS services at a Satellite Operations Center (SOC).
- Participate in system-level and software-level peer reviews.
- Support software, hardware and system-level integration & test activities
- Work in a small-team environment that includes a variety of disciplines (e.g. System, Software, Operations, Security, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science in a Software/System Engineering discipline from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen, and possess a current, active DoD Secret clearance.
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining a TS/SCI clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.