|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies is looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to support our growing Company. The position will work on our product development team. It will require collaboration our other programs, business development, and marketing.
Braxton, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Braxton Science & Technology Group, is an established family-oriented small business, headquartered in Colorado Springs and staffed with experts who deliver exceptional capabilities and services. Braxton drives innovation by challenging tradition: even as a small business, Braxton punches above our weight class, delivering high-quality solutions on time, on budget, and at orders of magnitude less cost than traditional providers. Our services and products support all elements of satellite operations while bringing expertise in systems engineering, cross domain data dissemination, information assurance, cyber security, and other relevant competencies. Braxton is proud of our stellar reputation among our customers and industry partners, earned by delivering tailored solutions to match each customer’s needs and budgets.
Braxton has extensive experience across the federal government, including the Air Force, the Naval Research Laboratory, the National Reconnaissance Office, and Sandia National Laboratories. We deliver cost-effective, quality services throughout a project’s lifecycle, driven by our complete understanding of our customer’s requirements.
- Supports senior and principal/lead engineers and program managers in developing functional application designs and other work products with some complexity.
- Ensures work products meet detailed customer and user requirements and other design objectives.
- Participates in design, technical, and programmatic meetings, and contributes to resolution of issues.
- Develops and reviews technical and programmatic documentation.
- Software design, development and testing of real-time systems
- Redesign and development of existing laboratory software and tools to next generation systems
- Integrating commercial-off-the-shelf hardware components with existing laboratory systems
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Create and document system design specifications and other technical documents as required
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and procedures
- Document test procedures to ensure repeatability and compliance with standards
- Document software defects
- Configuration management of software modules and system documentation
Minimum Security Clearance
- None to start
- US Citizenship and a clean background are required
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with the following technologies:
- C++ programming language
- Windows operating systems
- Object-oriented software development
- Excellent verbal / written communication and organizational skills
- Team-oriented personality
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Visual Studio integrated development environments
- GIT and Subversion software version control systems
- QT, Boost, XML
- Agile software development
- Multi-threaded software programming
- Satellite ground systems or satellite command and control
- Mission scheduling
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- 3+ with a Bachelor’s Degree
- None with a Master’s Degree
All divisions of BSTG are EEO/AAP.