Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) division, has an opening to support our NASA customer on the GOES-R spacecraft ground system. This position requires a senior individual who can assume a leadership position as a subject matter expert (SME) as the lead Security Engineer for the spacecraft ground systems. The Security Engineer is required to work in a team environment where creative solutions are welcome and technical challenges are the norm. The GOES-R ground system is preparing a technical refresh, and the Security Engineer is needed to support the ongoing assessment of the current systems and network security architecture and implementation, and work with other team member to define both near-term and long-term ground system migration plans from a security perspective while ensuring ongoing operation and mitigating existing vulnerabilities. This effort includes:
- Performing a security analysis of the entire ground system, including technologies used and best practices.
- Providing and updating a System Security Plan that describes how the ground system meets its security categorization and profile.
- Supporting security assessment and system security audits, including external audits performed by independent organizations.
- Maintaining the security of the ground system through its operational lifecycle.
- Working with NASA stakeholders, including the NASA Chief Information Officer and the Information System Security Officer and their representatives to establish and maintain the system security, related documentation, and related, ongoing security assessments and security reports.
- Reviewing and securing new technology prior to its introduction into the ground system.
- Evaluating the feasibility for implementing security improvements and best practices in the ground system.
- Recommending process improvements and refinements from a security perspective to institute a more comprehensive approach to ground system security Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM) resolution.
- Greenbelt, MD. Some local travel in the DC Metro area for onboarding, and occasional corporate activities.
- Security Engineer V
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience
- Normal business hours with some surge based on test events, troubleshooting.
- May require local travel in the DC metro area on a limited basis.
The Security Engineer will support the sustainment lead in an analysis of the existing ground segment architecture and recommend both near-term and long-term security implementation solutions as part of the technical refresh. The position requires the definition and documentation of security implementation plans, including security architecture definition, potentially some component selection, trade analyses, system and controls deployment, as well as assessment, audit, and accreditation strategies that accommodate ongoing, real-time spacecraft operations. The Security Engineer must have the ability to communicate security control and implementation information to key stakeholders such as the sustainment lead, as well as communicate detailed implementation strategies to others such as systems and network engineers. The Security Engineer must also provide project support functions, including periodic progress reporting, contribute finished material for technical presentation and project reviews, participate in team meetings, and review and assess reports as these become available.
Minimum Security Clearance
- None required
- Public Trust
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Security certifications (CISSP, CCNA Security, CCIE Security, CEH, CompTIA Security+, or similar)
- Four years or more experience with security implementation, design, and definition at the architecture level.
- Ability to define security architecture based on FIPS categorization, existing system design, and programmatic inputs.
- Ability to define and verify the implementation of security standards in a system-of-systems environment, system-wide security requirements definition and analysis, establish and implement security designs, and map security implementation particulars to security standards controls and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to document strategies and solutions.
Education and Training Required
- Four Year college (Bachelor’s Degree) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, Cyber-Security, or similar)
- High School Diploma/GED, relevant work experience required in lieu of a BS
- Two year college (Associate’s Degree), relevant work experience required in lieu of a BS
Minimum Years of Experience
- Mid-level experience
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Windows Administration
- Windows Domain Configuration
- Windows GPO Definition
- Windows Account Management
- Linux Administration
- Linux Account Management
- DNS Configuration (Win/Unix)
- Familiar with source control (Clearcase or similar)
- Virtual Machine Experience
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: