|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a System Engineer to support our growing business.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: System Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible
The candidate will support PARCS requirements engineering needs, to include defining, analyzing, and allocating radar performance requirements. He/she may lead trade studies, gap analyses, and other activities to assess proposed changes to the requirements baseline with respect to impacts on criteria such as technical performance, cost, and schedule baselines, verify architecture solutions against the requirements set, and establish traceability to higher-level system requirements. Candidate must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, interface with other groups within the project, solve challenging problems, and work within a dynamic environment.
- Apply radar subject matter expertise to develop performance and interface requirements for the PAR Sensor Subsystem (PARSS).
- Identify system use cases and supporting scenarios (i.e., mission threads).
- Perform functional analysis to characterize radar behavior and allocate associated requirements.
- Assess requirements set for completeness/consistency and identify related gaps.
- Assist the systems engineering team in implementing model-based systems engineering (MBSE) to capture radar behavior, structure, interfaces, and requirements.
- Support the development of radar architectural views using Systems Modeling Language (SysML).
- Facilitate the process of developing requirements and architecture specifications in coordination with other subject matter experts, stakeholders, and customers.
- Identify and propose changes to technical baseline documents (i.e., interface documents, specifications documents, architecture products).
- Research/data-mine legacy documentation to specify produce modeling artifacts.
- Prepare and present engineering analysis, gaps, and recommendations to senior leadership.
· Systems Engineering skills, including requirements definition/allocation, interface definition, verification & validation, and life-cycle management.
· Experience applying requirements engineering to compose, derive, analyze, and allocate requirements.
· Experience producing technical analyses for major components of a radar system.
· Experience analyzing fundamental radar functions such as target detection and tracking.
· Experience reverse engineering and defining structure, interfaces, behavior, requirements from legacy documentation.
· 5 Years with BS; 3 Years with Masters
· Experience analyzing ground based phased array radar system performance.
· Experience modeling radar system functions (transmit, receive, waveform generation, beam steering, signal processing, etc.).
· Experience integrating radar system models into simulations for performance evaluation.
· Experience with missile warning or space surveillance radars.
· Experience with the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) or Ballistic Missile Early Warning System (BMEWS) Precision Acquisition Vehicle Entry (PAVE) Phased Array Warning System (PAWS) (BPP).
· Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and the Unified Profile for DoDAF and MoDAF (UPDM).
· Proficiency with commercially available architecting tools such as PTC Integrity Modeler, Cameo EA/MagicDraw, etc.
· 9 Years with BS; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: