|Title:||Senior Staff Accountant|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies seeks a Senior Staff Account to support our growing organization.
Senior Staff Accountant
Braxton Technologies is a software and engineering company with products and expertise related to Command & Control, Satellite Ground Systems, Software Development, Systems Engineering, Information Assurance, and Cyber Security. Braxton Technologies is owned by Braxton Science & Technology Group and this position will have responsibilities at both the company and group level. As a Senior Staff Accountant, you will serve as a key member of the finance department and ensure that the department creates compliant and accurate records for the organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who knows Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) and who has experience in Defense Contracting and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
559 E Pikes Peak Ave, Colorado Springs, CO
• This position does not have supervisory responsibilities but takes a key role in the Finance department.
• Understand all facets of the finance department
• Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department
• Maintain and update Excel spreadsheets used in finance and program management functions
• Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Understand the dynamics of a multi-divisional company, including the ability to maintain inter-divisional accounts
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in DoD Contracting
• Works well with minimal supervision
• Ability to learn with minimal training
• Works well under pressure and is able to meet challenging deadlines
• Sound written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to lift up to 15 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or proven experience to match
• Local travel between downtown Colorado Springs locations required (~1 mile)
• Overnight travel expected rarely
• 5+ years in a Staff Accountant role or higher
• 2+ year in hands-on managerial accounting
All divisions of BSTG are AAP/EEO employers.