|Title:||Software Test Engineer|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has an immediate full-time opening for a software test engineer. The position will be responsible for software integration and testing of the Virtual Mission Operations Center (VMOC) software, and is located at the Naval Research Lab (NRL) in Washington DC.
- Two (2) to ten (10) years of experience in web-based software application testing.
- Proven ability to identify and troubleshoot potential software defects.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with developers to investigate and resolve test anomalies.
- Experience designing, developing, and executing software integration and qualification test cases.
- Hands on experience with Unix based operating systems.
- Experience with Java/Java EE development.
- Experience with software configuration management tools (e.g. GIT)
- Experience with test automation tools (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience interacting with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostGreSQL, Oracle DB)
- Experience testing software application program interfaces (APIs)
- Experience with defect management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience with performance measurement tools (e.g. NeoLoad)
- Familiarity with Satellite Systems, Satellite Operations, and/or Aerospace Engineering concepts.
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts.
- Perform analysis of requirements and software documentation, and confer with customers to aid in verifying new features.
- Perform research on new technologies or methodologies for implementing complex workflows.
- Create test plans, procedures and capture test results.
- Troubleshoot software system issues and work with other developers and testers to resolve test anomalies.
- Work as an effective team member across multiple disciplines (systems, software developers, networking, configuration management, & test engineering).
- Ability to work in an Agile environment.
- Travel: < 10%
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen, and possess a current, active DoD Secret clearance
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining a TS clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.