|Title:||Web Software Developer|
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
TITLE: Web Software Developer
DIVISION: Products Engineering
REPORTS TO: Principal Research and Development Engineer
Division: Braxton Technologies, LLC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO; 559 E Pikes Peak Ave
Shift & Travel
10% (or less) travel required
MAJOR FUNCTION: Takes direction from engineers to produce test, test data, and code artifacts to meet specific requirements. Automates routine development and deployment tasks. Integrates existing applications to extend current capabilities.
Responsibilities - Essential functions
- Supports principal/lead engineers and program managers in developing web-based user interfaces.
- Verifies work products meet detailed customer and user requirements and other design objectives.
- Attends design, technical, and programmatic meetings, and resolves issues.
- Reads and reviews integrated technical and programmatic documentation.
- Adhere to all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Complete all initial and annual training requirements and disclosures as outlined by BSTG.
- Perform all other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives and responsibilities of the department.
Required education and experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or similar discipline
- Existing work samples, portfolio of past projects, and/or strong references
Required Skills/Abilities – Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team-oriented personality
- Ability to maintain strict confidence.
Preferred experience and qualifications
- HTML 5, CSS 3
- Web sockets, canvas, WebGL
- GIS and mapping overlays
- User experience testing and evaluation
- Git version control
- Agile software development
Security Clearance Requirements:
Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Some research may be involved which would require the employee to be mobile to access copy machines and various files located throughout the buildings.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.