Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, seeking a highly skilled mid to senior level firewall engineer to work on multiple business initiatives.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of implementing security systems taken from high level designs. The Preferred technology focus is on Cisco FirePower or ASA, and/or Palo Alto's suite of security solutions. Plusses include familiarity with SIEM solutions such as LogRhythm or Splunk, scripting languages, and deployment of firewalls in cloud environments such as AWS. Initial setups will be focused on unscripted builds with an eye on full automation of deployment and upkeep in the future using on prem or cloud infrastructure. Familiarity with orchestration tools such as Ansible, Morpheus, Terraform, and CloudFormation are also a plus.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to build and maintain firewalls, rule sets, and next generation software running on the firewalls providing enhanced security.
- Ability to take high level requirements and turn them into detailed configurations and implement.
- Ability to work with SIEM solutions such as LogRhythm, Splunk, or similar
- Desire to turn firewalls and network devices into code-able elements. DevSecOps/NetSecOps
- CCNA Security or PCNSA/PCNSE
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Ability to work with cisco network gear
- Scripting languages, bash, python
- Building firewalls into AWS or VMware environments
- Orchestration tools: Ansible, Morpheus, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Knowledge of the ISO model, TCP/UDP, routing protocols OSPF/BGP
- Ability to configure cisco routers and switches
- A DoD secret clearance is required, TS/SCI desired
Education and Training Required
- Associates required, Bachelor’s Degree desired in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- 6+ with Associates Degree
- 4+ with a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ with a Master’s Degree
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.