|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies is looking for a mid-level Software Engineer to support our growing Company.
Braxton, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Braxton Science & Technology Group, is an established family-oriented small business, headquartered in Colorado Springs and staffed with experts who deliver exceptional capabilities and services. Braxton drives innovation by challenging tradition: even as a small business, Braxton punches above our weight class, delivering high-quality solutions on time, on budget, and at orders of magnitude less cost than traditional providers. Our services and products support all elements of satellite operations while bringing expertise in systems engineering, cross domain data dissemination, information assurance, cyber security, and other relevant competencies. Braxton is proud of our stellar reputation among our customers and industry partners, earned by delivering tailored solutions to match each customer’s needs and budgets.
Braxton has extensive experience across the federal government, including the Air Force, the Naval Research Laboratory, the National Reconnaissance Office, and Sandia National Laboratories. We deliver cost-effective, quality services throughout a project’s lifecycle, driven by our complete understanding of our customer’s requirements.
Software Developer (E2)
Braxton Technologies is looking to expand its in-house PNT (position, navigation, and timing) expertise. We are looking for candidates that want to learn about navigation challenges and help develop next-generation solutions for multiple customer needs. Prior experience with the PNT problem is not required for this position, but it is helpful. We are willing to provide training for the right individual.
This position will require quickly coming up to speed on the customers’ needs and working with other engineers to iterate on multiple solutions. This position will require exposure to the customers through high-quality documentation and delivery of software solutions.
- Supports senior and principal/lead engineers and program managers in developing functional application designs and other work products with some complexity.
- Ensures work products meet detailed customer and user requirements and other design objectives.
- Participates in design, technical, and programmatic meetings, and contributes to resolution of issues.
- Develops and reviews technical and programmatic documentation.
- Software design, development and testing of real-time systems
- Integrating commercial-off-the-shelf hardware components with existing systems
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems
- Create and document system design specifications and other technical documents as required
- Design and maintain automated test scripts and applications
- Document software defects
- Configuration management of software modules and system documentation
Minimum Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain a DOD secret clearance
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Python and C++ programming languages
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Network services, protocols, and serialization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented personality
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- RF (radio frequency) signals and technology
- SDRs (software-defined radios)
- GPS, GNSS (global navigation satellite systems), and PNT (position, navigation, and timing)
- Non-ranging navigation techniques such as INS (inertial navigation systems)
- Precision timekeeping
- Git version control
- Agile software development
- Satellite ground systems or satellite command and control
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- 3+ with a Bachelor’s Degree
- None with a Master’s Degree