|Title:||Technical Sales Manager|
Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) division, has an opening for a Technical Sales Manager to provide business development support for our Space & Ground Systems (SGS) division. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is looking to identify and capture business opportunities and build and maintain long-term relationships with domestic and international customers.
Candidates must be able to understand Ingenicomm’s ground system product portfolio and effectively articulate solutions to new and existing customers. The individual will be based in Chantilly, VA, with frequent travel. Multidisciplinary candidates with strong technical backgrounds as well as experience in sales, marketing, and customer relationship management are desired.
- Chantilly, VA
- Technical Sales Manager
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience; $80K, $120K
- M-F, Days
- Weekly local travel in the DC metro area. Some remote travel for customer meetings and marketing is anticipated at approximately 35% of their time.
- Identify new opportunities and solicit sales of Ingenicomm’s ground system product portfolio;
- Initiate, maintain, and grow relationships with customers, both domestically and internationally;
- Conduct outreach to customers through site visits, briefings, and technical product demonstrations;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop solutions and prepare technical and budgetary proposals;
- Provide support to other business development staff as well as external sales representatives; and
- Participate in various management and business development meetings, such as pipeline, forecast, and opportunity reviews.
Preferred Security Clearance
- None required to start
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required
- If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with technical sales, including identifying opportunities, conducting presentations and demonstrations, and closing sales
- Experience with satellite ground systems, such as telemetry and command processors
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting technical material to customers and management
Education and Training Required
- Four year college (Bachelor’s Degree); preference for technical degree
Minimum Years of Experience
- 4 years of experience+
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Experience with developing and executing capture plans for opportunities
- Experience with customer relationship management
- Experience with marketing communications
- Experience working with domestic or international civil space agencies and missions
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.