|Title:||Systems Administrator / Information Assurance (IA)|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a mid-level Systems Administrator / Information Assurance (IA) to support our growing business.
The position is geared toward a System Administrator who also has an IA background. The ideal candidate will maintain Windows, Linux, and networking equipment while also supporting the cybersecurity needs of the program.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Systems Administrator / Information Assurance (IA)
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible
Systems Administrator, 50%
Support and maintains:
- VMware, version 6.5
- Windows Server 2016
- Cisco switches, routers, firewalls
- Active Directory
Information Assurance, 50%
- Responsible for implementation of security controls to establish and maintain acceptable cybersecurity posture in line with designated risk tolerance levels
- Responsible for reviewing existing documentation, IA controls, and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guideline (STIG) implementations
- Apply security policies to meet security objectives of the system
- Ensure all systems security operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and updated as necessary
- Develop Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) validation procedures, execute ST&E, and document results
- Develop documentation, policy and procedures; Ports Protocols and Services Management (PPSM); system and network diagrams, descriptions, SOPs, review previous certification and accreditation documents; compile and generate RMF artifacts (ST&E results, etc)
Minimum Security Clearance
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance (or used within the past 2 years)
- US Citizenship is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Knowledge of risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing and mitigating risk).
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of encryption algorithms, cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) security principles and methods (e.g., firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption).
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, Oauth, OpenID, SAML, SPML).
- Knowledge of secure configuration management techniques. (e.g., Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), cybersecurity best practices on cisecurity.org).
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Knowledge of vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins).
- Knowledge of Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability levels and the NIST 800-53 controls associated with each level.
- Knowledge of AF and DoD information technology (IT) risk management policies, requirements, and procedures.
- Knowledge of how to use network analysis tools to identify vulnerabilities.
- Ability to communicate complex information, concepts, or ideas in a confident and well organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual means.
- Ability to produce technical documentation.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to install cabling on a ladder with or without reasonable accommodation.
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Security+, GIAC, CISA, CISM, CISSP or similar security certification
- Fuzz testing and static analysis tools experience
- Satellite ground systems or satellite command and control experience
- Mission scheduling experience
Education and Training Required
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Security, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
- Associates and 3+ years, or Bachelor’s and 1+ years
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.