|Title:||NRL-BPTF Senior Software Engineer|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
Space Ground System Solutions has a full-time opening for a mid-to-senior level software developer at NRL’s Blossom Point Tracking Facility (BPTF). The position will be responsible for the development of software to support mission operations at BPTF. This position is located at BPTF.
Minimum ten (10) years software development experience, preferably supporting an operational environment.
- Experience with Satellite Ground Systems, Ground System Operations, and Satellite Operations
- Experience developing software applications using NRL’s Neptune ground systems
- Minimum ten (10) years software engineering/development using C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with other engineering disciplines and operations personnel
- Experience writing scripts to support automation & testing (examples: Neptune’s CCL, Python, PERL, etc.)
- Experience with software configuration management tools (examples: ClearCase, git, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with relational databases (examples: MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience in project management, including scheduling, planning, etc.
- Ability to work as an effective team member across multiple disciplines (systems, networking, configuration management, & test engineering)
- C/C++/Linux RHEL software development
- Work with Neptune software development team to request enhancements and report bugs
- Troubleshoot software system issues
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, & sometimes pressured environment
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and task direction
- Assist Software Development lead with project management as necessary
- On-call support – available to report to site 24/7 for one week of every ten weeks – occasional phone support also required
At minimum, must have a Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess a current, active TS/SCI clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.