|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
Braxton Technologies, LLC, a division of Braxton Science & Technology Group (BSTG), a technology solutions company, has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support our growing business.
The successful applicant joins a dynamic team and plays a key role as the SME to provide support for the entire system lifecycle. This person will focus on analyzing user needs, eliciting and documenting requirements, generating system design documents, developing system test and validation plans, and contribute to the plan for ongoing sustainment and eventual disposal.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with industry standard and experience
Shift: M-F, Days
Travel: Occasional travel possible up to 25%
- Design, develop, validate, and test end-to-end systems and deliver systems-oriented products through the entire system life cycle.
- Generate quantifiable/traceable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Requirements elicitation/ensure compliance with government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and work with other engineering teams to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establish and coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Design interfaces and bring system elements together so they work as a whole.
- Assess performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Participate in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Participate in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generate system level requirements and verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Review test plans/procedures to ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Minimum Security Clearance
- DOD Secret Security Clearance is required.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Engineering background in requirements development
- At least two years of experience in conducting system engineering, analytical, and problem solving activities using structured problem solving techniques
- Experience authoring technical documents
- Knowledge of systems and software engineering fundamentals to the design of computer, storage, and networking systems utilizing automation and virtualization technologies
- Understanding of configuration management, COTS hardware and software management/integration, and engineering deployment and transition methods
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, positively influence team members, establishes and maintains excellent customer relationships, and delivers positive results
- Ability to communicate within the company, prepare and deliver presentations/summaries (both verbal and written), which appropriately address the intended audience
Education and Training Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar field
Minimum Years of Experience
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.