|Title:||Red Hat Linux System Administrator|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
** ACTIVE, DoD SECRET clearance Required **
Senior-level, multi-platform, full time system administrator position supporting a program in our Welcome, MD location. The System Administrator will be responsible for the development and management of computing infrastructure that supports development and testing of spacecraft systems, including servers, storage, network, workstations as well as all installed software. The individual will also be responsible for content management of multiple platform deployments. The position requires working with software developers to manage software releases utilizing several configuration management software tools. Candidates should be comfortable in both Red Hat Linux and Windows environments, while also capable of supporting end-user scientific workstations.
Five (5) to eight (8) years system administration experience in Linux (Red Hat preferred)
- Strong understanding of Configuration Management utilizing tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Klocwork
- Experience managing software releases
- VMware ESXi, VCenter, and Workstation Pro configuration and support experience
- Strong understand of the Linux operating system (Red Hat preferred)
- Strong understanding of security issues and concerns for desktop and server implementations in a DoD environment.
- Understanding of DISA STIG requirements and implementation.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP based networking.
- Proven experience independently researching, planning, presenting, implementing and maintaining substantial IT infrastructure solutions.
- Experience in executing information assurance plans and procedures.
- Experience with shell scripting
- Experience in collection, and communication of user requirements to supervisor to enhance current and future design and implementation of customer systems.
- Provide Help Desk support to user community.
- Interface and represent user community to enclave IA/IT groups.
- Firewall configuration and experience
- Experience with storage server management (NFS, SMB, and storage appliances)
- Day-to-day system administration and prioritization of work in support of user needs.
- Support long-term planning and management of infrastructure, including maintenance, upgrades and replacement of obsolete equipment.
- Working with developers to manage software releases
- Utilizing CM tools to deploy new platforms
- Support of information assurance plans and procedures
- Researching new technologies for all of these environments.
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced, & sometimes pressured environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology or other relevant Engineering field from an accredited university or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must possess an active SECRET clearance
- Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level two compliant
- Must meet eligibility requirements associated with obtaining an active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
If you require an accommodation to complete this application, please contact the Operations Coordinator at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.