|Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) company, has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team at the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, Maryland. The Senior Software Engineer will be a part of the Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) team specifically supporting NASA’s Laser Communications Relay Demonstration (LCRD). Additional information about the LCRD program can be found at: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/tdm/lcrd/index.html.
- Greenbelt, MD
- Senior Software Engineer
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience.
- Monday - Friday, days
- Minimal travel required
- Ability to comprehend and decompose issues associated with architecting, developing, and troubleshooting complex, multi-threaded, custom applications and the technologies associated with these issues and their solutions.
- Ability to identify and applying available technologies to solving software development issues.
- Ability to develop software for embedded systems, and to develop drivers and interfaces to hardware components, including PCI-based hardware integration.
- Ability to lead a software development efforts based on requirements through the design, development, testing, verification, and integration stages.
- The ability to work independently as well as in an integrated product team environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks.
- Must possess a team-oriented and collaborative personality.
Minimum Security Clearance
- None required. However, must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess significant experience architecting, developing, and troubleshooting multi-threaded real-time programs in C.
- Must possess experience programming and deploying on Linux (CentOS and RHEL preferred).
- Should have experience with low-level PCI hardware programming (PLX, DMA, ISRs).
- Should have experience with pub/sub message-bus IPC (AMPQ or XMPP; with RabbitMQ and Celery experience strongly preferred).
- Should have experience programming networked applications.
- Should have experience building TT&C software.
- Must be a self-starter requiring minimal supervisory direction and oversight.
Education and Training Required
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the fields of mathematics, computer engineering, or computer science.
Minimum Years of Experience
- 10+ years of related experience with Bachelor’s degree;
- 7+ years of related experience with Master’s degree.
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Proficient with Python.
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Familiarity with CM/build tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Subversion, Maven, Hudson.
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or email@example.com.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: