|Title:||Network Security Analyst|
|Location:||Las Cruces, NM|
Network Security Analyst
Ingenicomm, a Braxton Science and Technology Group (BSTG) division, has an opening to support our NASA customer on the Ground System Mission Operations program at the White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM. This role is to provide network and data security support for the Space Network Ground Segment Sustainment (SGSS) project, the future of NASA’s Space Network. Candidates will perform network analysis, vulnerability scans, and other security related functions such as system audits, security reporting, vulnerability assessments, and compliance analysis. This work would be on site at the NASA White Sands Complex, and the position would be part of a team of more than 300 people dedicated to the success of NASA’s communications with a broad range of spacecraft and missions.
- Las Cruces, NM
- Network Security Analyst
- Commensurate with industry position, depending on experience
- M-F, Days
- None anticipated.
- Performs the role of network security engineer for the SGSS program.
- Supports system and network security scanning to ensure compliance with mandated security policies.
- Assesses vulnerabilities in system and network compliance and develops remediation strategies that would include system patching and/or changes to system and network configurations.
- Provides necessary security reporting for the SGSS program during acceptance and readiness testing.
Minimum Security Clearance
- Active DoD Secret or must be eligible to pass security screening to obtain DoD Secret
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Two years or more experience with network security configuration, design, network scanning and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of security scanning and vulnerability assessment tools, and the ability to configure and operate these tools in an operations environment.
- Ability to analyze results of security scans and other reports, and remediate vulnerabilities and compliance issues.
• Ability to verify the implementation of security standards in a system-of-systems environment; provide system-wide security requirements definition and analysis; establish and implement network component security designs, and understand the mapping of security implementation particulars to security standards controls and requirements.
- Ability to verify security requirements; perform system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance.
- Ability to generate security-related written reports, and also the ability to effectively communicate network and security related matters to a broad spectrum of team members.
- Provide security engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Information Assurance and Information Security (InfoSec) Engineering.
- Ability to assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Ability to validate system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures.
Education and Training Required
- Two year college (Associate’s Degree)
- Desired Four year college (Bachelor’s Degree)
Minimum Years of Experience
- Entry to mid-level experience
- Mid to senior level experience
Additional Desired Qualifications, Skills, Certifications
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, CCNA Security, CCIE Security, CEH, CompTIA Security+, or similar)
- DISA Security Testing(STIG Testing)
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
If you require accommodations to complete this application due to a disability, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at 719-219-7472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: