|Title:||Software Engineer II|
|Division:||Space Ground System Solutions|
|Location:||Melbourne, FL; Alexandria, VA|
At Space Ground Systems Solutions (SGSS) an operating unit of Parsons, you will be a part of an innovative, forward-thinking team responsible for integrating new technologies such as Kubernetes with the Neptune software and integral in helping our customer-base use them. You will be on the front lines of supporting a DevOps model for multiple projects and helping to bring deployment automation using Ansible and Jenkins to customers as well as demonstrating the benefits that come with it in an Agile Software world. This position gives you the opportunity to travel to different customer sites, gather information on their Neptune software use cases and help the customer work towards a DevOps model to increase their productivity.
- Documenting test results for corrective actions
- System and software level integration and test
- Troubleshoot and report software anomalies
- Ability to adapt rapidly to changing requirements and schedules
- Work in a team environment
- Occasional travel to customer site
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Not less than five (5) years of relative professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant field of study; or equivalent combination of formal education and experience
- A fundamental understanding of the software development lifecycle and the processes and tools utilized
- Practical experience authoring application deployment tools utilizing Ansible/chef/puppet/terraform/packer or equivalent tools
- Expertise developing software on RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, to supported staff, management, and government customers.
- Demonstrated history of teamwork and service skills
- Understanding of all layers of software engineering and system architecture.
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Satellite Ground Systems, Ground System Operations, or Satellite Operations
- Writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, python, PERL, etc.)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Jira, etc.
- Software configuration management tools (examples: git, BitBucket, Jira, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing and/or deploying to cloud / virtualization platforms including RHV, vSphere, OpenStack, Kubernetes etc.
Space Ground Systems Solutions (SGSS), an operating unit of Parsons, is passionate about making our nation the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our security for future generations depends on it. We have emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our tremendous success can be attributed to our people and our priorities. Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help.
SGSS believes in taking care of their employees by offering:
- ALL benefits fully funded for your entire family
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Group Life/STD/LTD - no employee premiums
- HSA (Health Savings Account) provided, with SGSS funding the maximum amount allowed by the IRS
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP/401k) with a 20% annual company contribution - no employee contribution required
Apply now to work for a company that truly believes YOU are the key to OUR success . . . Come BE the difference============================================================================================
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
SGSS/Parsons is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.