|Title:||Operating Systems Platform Engineer*|
Operating Systems Platform Engineer*
The successful applicant will serve as lead implementer for a product line of secure, hardened operating systems and container images to serve as the basis for National Security Space ground systems development and operations. This developer will be responsible for delivering automation to enable the construction and verification of OS images in commercial and private cloud environments, supporting integration of these images into customer end systems including air-gapped development and operations environments. Development activities will include survey and adoption of improved upstream sources, developer level requirements and documentation, and automated testing. The Platform Engineer will decompose feature requests and requirements into agile development tasks. The Platform Engineer will work in a larger team of engineers supporting other services, components, and integration activities for a software-centric satellite ground system.
This requisition is for a senior platform engineer with a breadth of experience in automated configuration and provisioning of cloud OS level infrastructure. Applicants should be familiar with multiple OS and toolchains and will have delivered and maintained operating system environments for use by developers and deployed applications in private datacenter and public/commercial cloud computing infrastructures. The platform engineer will work on a small scrum team with a US Government product owner, a trained security professional, and 1-3 developers.
- Windows Server platform, including automated deployment and patching scenarios
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora/CentOS, including automated deployment and patching scenarios
- Familiarity with automation of securityrelevant OS configurations, frameworks, and verification mechanisms including SELinux, GPO, host firewall
- Familiarity with agile process tools (e.g., Atlassian’s suite including Jira/Confluence) to manage and document development
- Deployment of applications into mixed OS environments on a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or similar)
- Use of platform level automation tooling, including Jenkins, Ansible/Puppet, Hashicorp tools (Packer, Terraform), Python
- Experience operating in an agile delivery environment (Scaled Agile; Scrum)
- Experience delivering in a DevOps model
- Experience designing and implementing deployment and maintenance of on and offline package registry and repositories (eg yum/rpm, WSUS, docker registry)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum 7-10 years relevant experience
- Travel 10%
- Applicant must be a US citizen able to obtain a US security clearance
Each Division of BSTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: